Edward "Chip" Robertson Jr.
We at Bartimus Frickleton & Robertson, PC are proud to have Edward “Chip” Robertson on our team of Missouri litigation lawyers. As a former judge of the highest court in the state of Missouri, he brings a wealth of legal knowledge to our firm. From 1985 to 1998, he served as Missouri Supreme Court Judge and as chief justice from 1991 to 1993. As Supreme Court Judge, he wrote about 200 majority opinions. For his exceptional contributions to the Missouri Bar, he was awarded the Missouri Bar President’s Award. In 1991, he received the Missouri Statesmen of the Year award.
At Bartimus Frickleton & Robertson, PC, Attorney Chip Robertson leads the appellate and class action divisions. He listens carefully to the needs of our clients and works diligently toward securing a favorable outcome. He is licensed to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri and U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri. He has also tried cases before the 5th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, and the 8th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.
Attorney Chip Robertson has taught as an adjunct professor in constitutional law at Westminster College and served as a special consultant to the U.S. Attorney General. In his free time, he enjoys golf, reading, and collecting antiques. He and his wife Renee live in Jefferson City and have three children and two grandchildren.
Education & Past Experience
1983 – Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government
1977 – University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D.
1974-1975 – Southern Methodist University, Perkins School of Theology
1974 – Westminster College, B.A.
Memberships & Affiliations
- 5th Circuit United States Court of Appeals
- 7th Circuit United States Court of Appeals
- 8th Circuit United States Court of Appeals State of Missouri – All Jurisdictions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- United States Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Christian Legal Society
- Alpha Chi Scholastic Honorary Society
- Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Honorary Society
- Phi Alpha Theta History Honorary Society
Honors & Recognitions
- The Missouri Bar President’s Award for outstanding contributions to The Missouri Bar
- 1991 Missouri Statesmen of the Year