Gerald Tremblay, M.D., J.D.
Gerald “Jerry” Tremblay, M.D., J.D. focuses his practice on litigating medical malpractice cases and cases involving dangerous drugs and defective medical devices. Prior to becoming an attorney in 1994, he completed a neurology fellowship and practiced child neurology at one of the Midwest’s most respected academic children’s hospitals. “Although patient care and resident education were rewarding, I thought obtaining a law degree would offer new challenges and another way to apply my clinical background,” says Tremblay.
For over a decade, Dr. Tremblay worked in the field of pharmaceutical development, first as a reviewer at the Food and Drug Administration and later in clinical research and development for top pharmaceutical companies. Dr. Tremblay also has extensive experience working as a medical officer and clinician for the FDA. His previous work for the pharmaceutical industry affords him unique insight into the medicolegal cases he handles today.
Dr. Tremblay was Of Counsel to another Leawood, KS law firm before joining the team at Bartimus Frickleton and Robertson, P.C. Outside of the firm, he enjoys teaching, languages, reading, flying, and taking road trips with his wife Lesley.
Education & Past Experience
1994 - University of Missouri-Kansas City, J.D.
1980-82 - Pediatrics Residency, Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, Memphis,
1982-85 - Fellowship in Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
1980 - University of Florida, M.D.
1975 - Rollins College, B.A.
Memberships & Affiliations
- State of Missouri – All Jurisdictions
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Board Certified
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Board Certified
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
Honors & Recognitions
- Graham Hunter Clinical Scholar, 1979
- Perez Memorial Award for Excellence in Adolescent Medicine, 1980
- Teacher of the Year Award, Children's Mercy Hospital, 1991
- American Jurisprudence Award, Torts, 1991
- American Jurisprudence Award, Food and Drug Law, 1994
- FDA Center Director's Award, 2001