When approaching a case, Michael Rader looks at the big picture before implementing a personalized legal strategy. As a Missouri litigation lawyer at Bartimus Frickleton & Robertson, PC, he handles cases involving class action lawsuits, personal injury, truck accidents, professional negligence, wrongful death, and product liability. He does everything possible to obtain the most positive outcome possible in order to help his clients move on with their lives after experiencing stressful and unexpected setbacks, such as a catastrophic personal injury.
Due to his experience representing brain injury victims and their family members, he was appointed by Missouri Governor Jay Nixon to the Missouri Brain Injury Advisory Council. He is also a commissioner for the Kansas City Board of Police Commissioners
Attorney Michael Rader has been included on the Super Lawyers® list and has an AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®. In 2001, he was also awarded the Prosecutor’s Office Attorney of the Year by Jackson County, Missouri. He also received the Lon O. Hocker Memorial Trial Lawyer Award in 2008.
Attorney Michael Rader is licensed to practice in Missouri, Mississippi, Kansas, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, and duck hunting. He lives in Kansas City, Missouri.
Education & Past Experience
1995 – University of Missouri, B.A.
Memberships & Affiliations
- State of Kansas – All Jurisdictions
- State of Mississippi – All Jurisdictions
- State of Missouri – All Jurisdictions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- International Society of Barristers, Fellow
- Kansas Association for Justice
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association's Torts Law Committee Chairman 2009-2010
- Lead Master Instructor for the Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court Program
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Board of Governors
- Missouri Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Kansas City, Missouri Board of Police Commissioners, Vice President
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- Missouri Brain Injury Advisory Council
- Make-A-Wish Foundation Governing Board, Missouri, Board Member
- Missouri Special Olympics
- Sherwood Center for the Exceptional Child, Past Board Member
- Friends of Special People, Past Board Member
Honors & Recognitions
- Lon O. Hocker Memorial Trial Lawyer Award, 2008
- 2012-2014 Top 50 Lawyers in Kansas City by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Top 100 Lawyers in Missouri and Kansas by Kansas City Magazine
- 2008 Ingram’s Magazine "Forty Under 40”
- 2008-2014 Kansas City Business Journal “Best of the Bar”
- "Super Lawyer" for Missouri and Kansas in 2010-2014
- 2006 Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly “Up and Coming Attorney”
- 2001 Jackson County, Missouri, Prosecutor’s Office Attorney of the Year
- Rated “AV Preeminent” 5.0 out of 5 by Martindale-Hubbell
*Lon O. Hocker Trial Lawyer Award is voted on anonymously by State and Federal judges in Missouri and is given annually to a trial attorney in recognition of outstanding achievement in trial practice. It is considered the most prestigious award presented to trial lawyers in the state of Missouri.